Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Ghosts of Wytchaven.

We the villagers of Wytchaven have always avoided the ruins of the abbey, its seems there are many reasons to do so. One reason being, we fear that to be seen there will upset our most benevolent of rulers. However a new more chilling reason has come to light. I am not alone in my observations. Many reports have come to me that hooded figures have been seen lurking in this once great edifice.
It was late the other evening that my own encounter took place. I was alone in my office looking out of my window, when I saw a figure cloaked in darkness moving towards the abbey. As quick as I could I grabbed my cloak and went to make chase, to put an end to the rumours flying about the village. I was only moments behind and yet when I made my way onto that once holy ground I lost sight of the figure. There was only one place it could of gone. Risking my own life and afraid of falling masonry, I entered the ruins themselves ready to face whoever the hooded figure was.
I held my breath dear readers and stepped over the threshold only to find I was alone. The figure had disappeared into thin air.
I have to admit I was whiter than a villager after blood tax day. I returned to my office shaken but determined to find the truth. For several nights I kept watch, and for several nights I followed the hooded figures, only for the same thing to occur time and again.
Therefore I must bring myself to admit the unthinkable. Wytchaven is haunted. However, this leaves me to wonder why it is now the dead brothers once again wander the abbey grounds? Is it an ill omen, a warning of impending doom or is there an as yet unforeseen explanation?
If anyone can shed light upon this most taxing of mysteries please contact me at the Golgothian.



LORD AIZEN THE INTERVIEW!


Today I bring you the first in a series of interviews with the movers and shakers of Golgothica. I hope they offer you a before unseen glimpse in the character of the people we know and love around this our fair land.

My First interview is with Lord Aizen Wind, the Thereon or captain of the army of demons. To say I was a little fearful is an understatement. I was lead by a serving girl called Bridget into the very heart of the demon castle. I was met by Aizen, as I was told to call him, and offered a seat. The smell of rotting flesh hung heavy in the air, he wore black leather and was in human form, this I felt was done to put me more at ease. I have to admit it worked, after general greetings and introductions the interview commenced. (For most of the interview you will see I refer to myself as D and Aizen as A)

"Firstly my lord I would like to say thank you for our time. Next I would like to ask about law and order for the subjects here in Golgothica".
His eyes are intent and focused on mine, I feel cold fingers of fear tickle my spine. We are not alone in the room, his serving wench and two other demons are with us.
He nods "What is the question?" I obviously have paused to long and been caught staring at him, I quickly answer.

D: I hear that random attacks are occurring throughout Golgothica. What is being done to ensure public safety?

A: From my squad?

D: Yes, I would think keeping ones food supply safe would be priority.

A: Yes, we do attack those we suspect of being a traitor or assisting one, to assure loyalty of our island.

D: I see. I was referring more to the criminal element

A: Oh, you mean from the rebels then?

D: Yes my lord.
(

What I meant were the outlaws thieves and low lives that prey on the weak and defenseless of Golgothica. However i do not want to press matters unless he thinks I am trying to make a fool of him. He seems disconnected from the real issues of the subjects here and I am left wondering if that is a demon trait or just how he thinks, after all he leads an army not a police force.)

A: The fools know not what they are doing

(I try again to approach the question.)

D: I heard not only villagers but your own are being attacked and robbed.

(I look over to where Adrienne Juliess is leaning and listening against the post, unsure as to why she is here but uneasy in her presence.)

A: If they cut us off from Wytchaven it will be overrun by fen-beasts, the creatures that only we of the Arisen can tame. So, yes, we are looking to stop such act.

(I can not hide the shock in my voice at this statement dear reader. I was disturbed to say the least.)

D: But would not the villagers then suffer my Lord?

A: Indeed, it is why we must find a solution, My squad/clan is the solution to that.

(His eyes are burning into mine as we speak, he comes across as a very intent person, extremely focused, but not on his wards but rather on destruction.)

D: And do you have any plans as of yet?

(He shrugs. I realise even if he did he would not tell me. Again I am shocked by the answer but hide it.)

A: The only problem is lack of warriors. At present I am trying to recruit and train other imps to be true demon warriors themselves.

D: So you feel a lack of demon law enforcement is adding to an already growing problem?

A: Indeed, how often do you see a demon on watch, or patrolling? Other than me, that is?

D: So very rarely.

(I offer him my awarding winning smile.)

A: Yes it is true. I am unstoppable and can be a one man army and fight against many, but I can not be everywhere all the time.

Adrienne Juliesse blurts out "I say we just rip out the horns of the lawbreakers" I ignore this and move on.

D: Do you think the appointment of a mayor would aid you?

A: I will not seek the aid of humans, as that will only show weakness.

(His voice booms as he says this and I think "Oh dear I am dead".)

D: Oh no my Lord, I did not mean it that way. But a liaison between the living and undead might help you locate the criminal elements? Keep you in touch with the needs of us, your lowly food sources.

A: Could be, but I force information out of the humans anyways.

(I smile sweetly and flutter my eyelids.)

D: Aye Sir, but sometimes, as you know my Lord, you can catch more flies with honey then vinegar.
Aizen rubs his chin "Sounds like too much effort and less challenging" he laughs, and it is not an unpleasant sound.

D: Lets move on to a new topic. I hear there is a blood shortage my lord since the Exciser's untimely end.

A: Blame Xan, my wife for that, the lazy woman better work harder!

D: Now to gossip my Lord. As you know many a villager looks up to you here at you in your vast palaces and wants to know what Aizen is truly like. How do you relax, my Lord, after a busy day?

A: Literature and poetry.

D: Oh, a man after my own heart or demon as it was.

A: I am actually a scholar and come from a royal background. But many only see me in my greater form, where I'm usually filled with rage, bit barbaric, quick to strike and short on words. Completely unstoppable.

D: Romance, my Lord. Do demons love and feel amour?

(He chuckles.)

A: Well, we do have love even if we don't want it. I was married to Xan when i was still human. Not that I remember it but my heart still does. Only way I have proof is by my journals.

D: I thank you for sharing with me my Lord

(I can't help but feel a little pity for him)

A: Love is a strange mystery for me, but it doesn't slow me down.

(We end the interview there, I collect my things and I go, feeling a little wiser and a little more enlightened as I hope are you dear readers.)


No comments:

Post a Comment