Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Elemental Harmony



Here is one of what may well turn out to be a short series of articles on what the gypsies call the 5 elements that are present in all things. I was handed this while passing through the woods on my way to pay my respects to our illustrious rulers.

Gypsy Dahlia

Since the before Starfall, my people have been keepers of the Sacred Flame. The dances of our ancestors have been handed down from mother to daughter over the ages. Surviving the evils that fell upon our lands, the rituals live on. Our bodies move in time to a rhythm that sings to the fire. It dances with us, flesh and flame together in harmony.

Fire. This is my element.

It is said that fire is the element of passion, the summer, and the color red. When I take my place in the sacred circle to call the elements forth, you will find me at the lower right point. The Goddess Hecate herself blesses me each day with a great respect for fire and what it can do. She has also gifted me with an attunement to the energy and power associated with this element. Do not anger me in a lightning storm or near the hearth! I draw from its energy, I feed it my own. The fire and I - we are one.

You wish to hear more? Next time I will talk of another element. Perhaps it will give you a new and greater respect for them than you had before.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment